Who Hijacked Our Country

Friday, September 19, 2014

John Boehner: Will Work For Booze

House Speaker John Boehner (R—Jack Daniel's) has been echoing the Republican mantra that unemployed people don't really want to work; they just want to sit around all day and get free stuff from the government.

In a speech to the American Enterprise Institute, Boehner said:

“This idea that has been born, maybe out of the economy over the last couple years, that you know, I really don’t have to work. I don’t really want to do this. I think I’d rather just sit around. This is a very sick idea for our country.  If you wanted something you worked for it.  Trust me, I did it all.”

He continued:

“I worked for this, and I'm gonna drink it.  And I'm gonna drink another one, and then another one, and another one...”

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Critter said...

If you look at what the republican House has accomplished and all the days off they have taken, it appears that Boehner practices what he preaches.

He just sits around and get free stuff from the government...like a salary, paid vacation, expense account, healthcare, etc., and he has lobbyists to buy him booze.

September 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Jerry: You're right, Boehner is practicing exactly what he was preaching about. Sitting around all day, getting a huge salary and benefits package paid for by taxpayers, and then slandering some of these same taxpayers for being out of work (unemployment benefits are taxable, if I remember right).

September 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home