Who Hijacked Our Country

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Eric Cantor: “I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up”

I know this is yesterday's news — day before yesterday's actually — but I was out of town for a few days and wasn't doing anything online.  I couldn't believe it when I saw the screaming headline inside a USA Today news rack yesterday.  YES!!!

I don't care if Eric Cantor's political disembowelment is good or bad for the Democrats.  I'm just glad that arrogant fuck got his comeuppance.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.  Like the saying goes, remember the people you stepped on when you were climbing the ladder; you'll meet the same people on your way back down (or whatever the exact quote is).  The Hubris before the fall.  One day you're thumping your chest and shouting “I want what I want when I want it.”  The next day you've fallen and you can't get up, and nobody cares.

Eric Cantor was a little too smug and complacent when an unknown Teabagger named David Brat challenged him in the primary.  David Brat's entire campaign spending totaled $122,000.  Eric Cantor spent more than that just partying at swanky bars and restaurants ($169,000).  On the day of the primary, instead of being glued to the latest political updates, he had a meeting with some of the GOP's wealthiest donors.

“Oh!  Nevermind!”

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Life As I Know It Now said...

And maybe, just maybe a Democrat can pick up that seat. That would be nice.

June 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger jadedj said...

Eric who?

June 13, 2014 at 6:35 AM  
Blogger Jerry Critter said...

Looks like his replacement will provide plenty of comic relief if some of his past statements are any indication.

June 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's leave the chest thumping to Obama you know Bin Laden is dead and Al-Qeada is on the run

June 13, 2014 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Life: It's hard to tell. Virginia has a lot of moderate voters in the D.C. suburbs, but the rest of the state is hardcore Bible Belt.

jadedj: Poetic. Being a has-been is the worst possible punishment for a conceited shithead like Cantor.

Jerry: You mean like when Brat, an economics professor, had no comment on the minimum wage. Yup, things are gonna get comical.

Erik: Agreed.

June 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wasn't me

I was thinking how the Tea Party is so volatile and eats it's own I wouldn't give this guy another term before someone accuses him of being establishment. Especially when the business interest in his district tells him their truth about immigration.

Erik

June 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Erik: Now that you mention it, your name doesn't appear at the bottom of that previous comment.

I think Teabagger Brat will definitely get eaten by another teabagger as soon as he takes one position that isn't far enough to the right.

June 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home