Who Hijacked Our Country

Monday, July 09, 2012

“I was a Right-Wing Child Star”

No, this isn’t the title of a bad science fiction movie.  It’s the title of this article written by Jonathan Krohn.

Four years ago, Jonathan Krohn was a 13-year-old prodigy who gave a speech at the annual CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) gathering.  He instantly became the Great White Hope for the Far Right.

Now, four years later, he’s renounced his rightwing views.  And according to the Rightwing Noise Machine, he’s mutated from the Great White Hope to Benedict Arnold.  In his own words:

“My involvement at such a young age happened for manifold reasons: I always enjoyed writing (I had gotten my first paid writing gig when I was 9), I enjoyed politics (or at least the theory of politics), and I grew up in Georgia, where conservative ideologues dominated the radio and the populace. Mix those things with the naïveté of a kid and you’ve got the perfect recipe for a fresh, right-wing pundit...”

“I felt justified in my beliefs if for no other reason than no one actually told me I was wrong. Instead, men like Bill Bennett and Newt Gingrich hailed me as the voice for my generation and a hope for America.”

Then last week an interview was published, in which Jonathan Krohn declared he was no longer a conservative.  And the rightwing media, particularly the Daily Caller, went ballistic.  Regarding the rightwing hissy-fitters, Krohn says:

“These are not adults leveling serious criticism; these are scorned right-wingers showing all the maturity of a little boy. No wonder I fit in so well when I was 13.”

Zing!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Snave said...

That's classic!

And the people on the right are the ones who like to talk about the need for having "adult conversations" about our country's problems. Well, talking with them often IS like talking to angry kids...

July 9, 2012 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger jadedj said...

Let's hope they take their bull and go home.

July 10, 2012 at 4:19 AM  
Blogger Demeur said...

Jadedj was that a Freudian slip? I like it.

July 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

More scorned people

July 10, 2012 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger jadedj said...

Pun intended Demeur.

July 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Tom Harper said...

Snave: You're right, that's pretty ironic. The party of the "adult conversation" turns into a bunch of screaming brats when somebody disagrees with them.

jadedj: I hope they put it where the sun doesn't shine.

July 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home